What is sodium laurel sulfate anyway?

Sodium laurel sulfate is one of the most toxic, synthetic substances you can put on your skin.  SLS is an engine degreaser and a solvent used to clean grease off garage floors.  If you were to drink a spoonful of SLS  you would die; it’s just that toxic!  SLS is a dangerous ingredient you would not think would be found in any skin care product.   However, sodium laurel sulfate is used in shampoos, facial cleansers, lotions, soaps, etc.  for its foaming abilities.

Sodium laurel sulfate causes eye irritations, skin rashes, hair loss, scalp scurf, and allergic reactions.  It penetrates the brain, heart, eyes, and liver.  It can also keep children’s eyes from developing properly.  Remember, whatever you put on your skin it is immediately absorbed into your bloodstream.

Leave a Reply

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree